Policy is defined as:
The overall intentions and direction of the organisation.
A Governance Policy is defined using all of the following criteria:
It is a governing principle that mandates or constrains actions;
- It is a requirement under statutory legislation (e.g. Local Government Act) or sets strategic direction for the Council as a whole (rather than service related);
- It helps ensure compliance and enhances the Council's mission;
- It effects elected members individually or as a whole council, external customers and/or more than one department;
- It will change infrequently and sets a course for the foreseeable future;
- It is approved by the Council.
State Government Published Policy
Code of Conduct for Council Members Click Link Here
Council Published Policies